PIM-oscSlideshow1.1 is the updated version for osCommerce v2.3.1. If your store is an earlier version than this, please refer to the PIM-oscSlideshow1.0 on this post.
A while back, I needed Slideshow image gallery on the home page in one of the osCommerce based store I was developing. I searched everywhere but could not find any, so I ended up developing it on my own and after lot of effort and spending some time, I have put all this together as a Contribution for community to use.
PIM-oscSlideshow will add a slideshow gallery on the home page of your osCommerce store and will add a slideshow section inside your osCommerce Admin panel under Catalog > Slideshow to manage and add slides.
Although I have developed the admin and front-end php part on my own, I have selected and used easySlider1.7 for the front end Slideshow, I take no credit for that which is entirely created by Alen – all credit to him.
if you do not want to use the easySlider as front-end slider, you can easily choose another. I have only included easySlider and jquery files this in the package for that vast majority of users who might not or can not find the required files. Any other slide show such as s3Slider or Nivo Slider can be used with this add-on. I will release another version soon with a flash front-end slideshow.
What this contribution does?
- Creates a slideshow on your osCommerce store front page
- Creates a section slideshow under Catalog inside osCommerce Admin panel
- I have selected easySlider as slideshow script to use with it which has lot of options on its own, but you can replace it with any other gallery script if you want.
In this distribution, you will find the following files:
- slideshow.sql DB script to create “slideshow” table
- catalog/ – directory containing all the new files you need to upload in your store
- PIM-oscSlideshow v1.1 – Installation Guide – How to install PIM-oscSlideshow1.1 in osCommerce 2.3.1 store
- GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE.txt
PIM-oscSlideshow1.1 Add-on Support
I wanted to create support thread on osCommerce forums, but due to time constraints, I can only check and post regularly at one place and this is why I have chosen this blog post which I have to check in any case. So for all intents and purposes, this post will become the support thread for PIM-oscSlideshow contribution.
EASY – 30 minute job!!
Just upload the files in catalog/ to their respective directories in your oscommerce store.
Also make changes in the files described in the Installation Guide for the front end and admin panel updates.
With the package, I have also provided an installation guide in pdf format, please refer to that before posting any questions.
Hope this Add-on will fix the issues for osc v2.3.1 store.
UPDATE: There’s better Slider (premium) available now which has much more features.