If you need to verify the credentials of user or show any custom error message, this jQuery code lets you check the credentials of user from front end of WordPress page for MemberClicks Auth WordPress Plugin. Please check the following code gist in any .js file or include in your popup html code: WordPress can…
MemberClicks offers All-in-one association management software that allows members management, email marketing, events registrations for members, membership renewals, and different level of Membership. You can check their website for full features list and different packages.
MemberClicks have Oasis API that is a JSON REST API that allows a 3rd party client to interact with your Oasis (Members) data. Access to the API is provided using the OAuth 2.0 authorisation framework. OAuth is an open standard for authorisation. API Management is the administrative page that manages 3rd party client credentials and is available to Authorised Service Administrators (ASAs) through the Account Settings page. Access to the Oasis API is composed of two parts: authorisation servers and resource servers.
MemberClicks Auth WordPress Plugin was developed for clients to allow their MemberClicks users login into their WordPress website using their MemberClicks credentials. It integrates MemberClicks members data via Oasis API REST calls and use it to show relevant content, such as LMS for training and learning of members, in the website to each user as per their membership type.
You can either use the automatic login link option and your users are redirected to MemberClicks website and logged in and redirected back to WordPress page automatically, alternatively you can use Form widget to login users directly on your WordPress website.
Once the members are in the WordPress website, you can deliver anything to them, show them their relevant events, create training content via countless LMS WordPress plugins and WordPress themes and so much more.
List MemberClicks Events & Groups
Using Events listing shortcode, you can display your events list via api call. You just have to use the shortcode [ mc_auth_events ] on any WordPress page or post and events list will be displayed.
To filter events: [mc_auth_events limit=”currentfuture”], [mc_auth_events limit=”future”], [mc_auth_events limit=”current”], [mc_auth_events limit=”past”]
Using Groups listing shortcode, you can display your groups list via api call. You just have to use the shortcode [ mc_auth_groups ] on any WordPress page or post and events list will be displayed.
Plugin works great does what we wanted. It redirects user correctly to login via MemberClicks website authentication and using form widget as well. Custom event allows users to login from pop-up window.
Thanks for your help with setting this up. The MemberClicks users can automatic login. The private posts and video content on the WordPress website is now available for logged-in members as per their defined roles. That’s amazing. THANK YOU!!
This plugin is what I needed, it seamlessly integrates members into WordPress website with just a simple link.
With MemberClicks Auth Plugin, we can login round-trip from the WordPress site, authenticate to MemberClicks and return with the user data. That is great. Thank you so much for your assistance and plugin.
So this is working well. When a user logs into member clicks and the clicks on a link, they are sent to the WordPress site and logged in automatically. Great! We needed additional custom login links for different sections and all worked nicely.
I just checked, I have it connected and working very smoothly. Thank you greatly for all of your help and this looks exactly like what I was hoping for, also for adding that extra feature to complete the plugin!
The plugin worked like a charm. It was easier to install and set up, strongly recommended.
We needed to install LMS on our WordPress website for training material of our members. This Auth plugin allowed our users to login website easily and access their training content that we created with another LMS plugin. It worked flawlessly.
The MemberClicks Auth plugin worked perfectly for my client’s needs. With the installation and configuration of just 7 fields, the plugin was working flawlessly. PiMedia even helped me setup the Restrict User Access plugin used to set permissions for the posts and pages restricted to MemberClicks users. * * * * * 5 Stars.
Place following shortcodes in the content area of any WordPress page/post/widget to display info.
[ mc_auth_form ]
[ mc_auth_groups ]
[ mc_auth_username ], [ mc_auth_first_name ], [ mc_auth_last_name ], [ mc_auth_email ], [ mc_auth_member_type ], [ mc_auth_member_status ], [ mc_auth_created_date ], [ mc_auth_expiration_date ]
MemberClicks Auth Plugin Settings Page
Here is the list of MemberClicks Auth Plugin Settings page options where you can update your API info to authenticate your users via Oasis API and setup your other available options.
On the first tab, you can set up MemberClicks API credentials by adding Client Id, Client secret and Org Id. You can get it from MemberClicks admin panel API Client Settings page by creating API client.
The subdomain in your api url is your Org ID. such as https://<orgId>.memberclicks.net/
Automatic Login Redirection
On this tab, you can set up automatic login after redirecting from MemberClicks website. You just have to provide a link in a menu where user can click to go to and get redirected back to website as logged in user. You can also add this link on your website as redirect, just point the user on that landing page and redirect user to MemberClicks logging in web page.
You can add up to 5 Redirect URI. They must be exactly the same URI you have added in MemberClicks API Client Settings page. Please see the screenshot below of options.
You can copy URIs from your MemberClicks admin panel from API Client Settings Page Redirect URIs section. This allows you to add a login link on your website and let the user to login from MemberClicks website and get redirected back.
Your Login link can be placed on this website menu, it takes users to login page on your MemberClicks website and get redirected here after successful login and returned user gets logged in to this website automatically.
Alternatively, you can use Login Form shortcode available below to login users, with their MemberClicks credentials, directly on your WordPress website.
On this tab, you can set up following options for user:
- You can configure to import user role automatically from MemberClicks type or role. Import and assign user role from Oasis API. Role will be imported and assigned if checked. Role should be available in the WordPress website to be set.
- You can also configure notifying user or not by sending username and password in email upon user creation.
- You can select the default role for user. If not selected, website default user role will be added for created user.
- You can also assign MemberClicks user Type or Groups as role automatically on user creation.
- You can either choose user role using MemberClicks User Type or Groups. Exact user role(s) must be created and available in this WordPress website or the role will not assigned to new user. For instance, a MemberClicks User Type “Associate” should be added as “associate” or “Fellows In Training” as “fellows_in_training” as user role name (ID). Same for MemberClicks user groups “Associate” and “Fellows In Training” should be created as “associate” and “fellows_in_training”. You can use any role adding plugin, such as “User Role Editor”, for adding roles in your website.
- You can redirect user by checking user status from MemberClicks API to restrict user access. User access will be restricted and logged off, if MemberClicks User Status is not “Active”. Add redirect url in the available field to redirect user.
- You can configure to remove “Private” text before Title of page / post
- You can configure and select the page to redirect non-logged-in visitor to login for private post/page content access. If not selected, default is login page.
Login Form Widget Links
On this tab, you can configure Login Form widget following links:
- Add Register Link to appear on Login form.
- Add Password Forgotten link on Login form.
- Add Redirect Link after logging in. Leaving blank will redirect to Home page.
- Add Redirect link if user is not found. Leaving blank will redirect to Home page.
On this tab, shortcodes are available that can be used oft Login Form widget, events listing, and groups listing, and user related information.
Help and Support
You can learn how to create your API Client in your MemberClicks Admin Panel from API Client creation page. You can also get assistance in setting it up if you need any help or face issues.
Configuring Profile Owner Attribute Security
To setup correct user permissions via api call especially email and group info, please refer to the article Configuring Profile Owner Attribute Security The table on the Profile Owner Attribute Security page includes columns that represent all Groups of MemberClicks in your database, along with a full Attribute list on the left. When you navigate to this page, it will look similar to the screenshot below.