After completing one Flash project recently which involved XML file loading, when I deployed it in the real environment and accessed it over https, I had a hard time making it work over the SSL protocol using Internet Explorer, although Flash loaded XML document just fine in Firefox and Chrome.
On debugging, I found out that issue was due to XML document which was being generated dynamically by PHP and due to its header being set to “Cache-Control: no-cache”. For debugging, I saved the same dynamic XML file as static file on server and this time it had no issue in loading. By default, all dynamically generated files are sent by the server with the Pragma:no-cache header so that they are not cached by the browser.
Solution is very simple, just add this code at the top of your php script which generates dynamic XML file:
header("cache-control: private"); header ("Pragma: public"); header("Content-type: application/xml");
Hope that helps.